A Greek judoka, Ilias Iliadis is the flag bearer of his country, and today, he depicts a net worth of $1.5 million. Well, Ilias has been in this field since his teenage days.
As a fun fact, he won his foremost medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens at age 17. Back then, he was competing from the half-middleweight (81 kg) division.
Additionally, Ilias is the first athlete to march into the Bird’s Nest Stadium.
Well, he had gained the honor to lead the parade during the opening ceremony of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
|Full (Birth) Name||Jarji Zviadauri (Ηλίας Ηλιάδης)|
|Date of Birth||10 November 1986|
|Birth Place||Akhmeta, Kakheti, Georgian SSR, USSR (modern Georgia)|
|Nick Name||Ilias Iliadis|
|Age||35 years old (as of July 2021)|
|Height||1.78 meters (5’10”)|
|Weight||90 kg (198 lb)|
|Father’s Name||(Biological father’s name unknown)|
Nikos Iliadis (after adoption)
|Mother’s Name||Name unknown|
|Kids||Two kids; a daughter and a son|
|Weight Category||(-73kg, -81kg, -90kg, -100kg and Open)|
|Net Worth||Over $1.5 million|
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter|
|Merch||The Judo of Ilias Iliadis (Kindle Edition)|
|Last Update||September, 2022|
Ilias Iliadis | Net Worth and Income
With Ilias Iliadis, his primary source of income is through his judo career. Indeed, judo has opened numerous possible ways for him.
At present, Ilias is also the head coach of the Uzbekistan National Judo Team.
Ilias Iliadis’ Net Worth in Different Currencies
Ilias Iliadis always say that judo is more of his passion, and he doesn’t intend to turn it into business. Indeed, he has been juicing his passion and gripping all the fun of it.
Anyways, standing with a net worth of over $1.5 million, you can check out his worth in other currencies. However, let’s keep in mind that his net worth is yet under review, and this amount is the approximate value.
|Pound Sterling||£1.08 Million|
|Australian Dollar||A$1.9 Million|
|Canadian Dollar||C$1.8 Million|
|Indian Rupee||₹ 7,111,429,750|
Brand Endorsements and Sponsorships
At present, Ilias Iliadis is the brand ambassador for the Fitroo Protein Bar by Khabib. Herewith, it is his get-to-go protein snack in or after training and games.
Likewise, he also endorses Adidas and Boutique du Combat. With Adidas, Ilias endorses their clothing apparel named combat sports addict.
In the meantime, alongside the partnership of Adidas and Boutique du Combat, he has started a t-shirt line.
Well, the t-shirt is named ‘no mercy, no limit’ and is available in his partnership stores. Similarly, Ilias is also the brand ambassador for the IJF.
Ilias Iliadis hasn’t written a book himself to date. However, he does have a book written over him that can be found on Amazon.
The books are ‘The Judo of Ilias Iliadis‘ and ‘Olympic Judoka of Greece Ilias Iliadis.’ Talking about it, there is also a children-friendly book about him titled, ‘Olympic and double World Champion, Ilias Iliadis.’
Ilias Iliadis | Lifestyle
As a matter of fact, Ilias always led a private life. He has only shared information thy he thinks must be enough and hasn’t opened much about his lifestyle, properties, and more.
Throughout his active career, Ilias has had six knee surgeries in total. At one point, he even struggled with a life-threatening blood virus that took him almost a year to recover from.
Anyways, Ilias has been only moving forward even through these. Ilias believe judo is working the whole 24 hours every day of the week, and yet he loves it.
Of course, judo demands him to travel a lot from one country to another regarding matches and games to attend.
The only training that Ilias believed in is to train hard and without mercy. Therefore, Ilias opened up to train three times a day; morning, afternoon, and evening.
Not to mention, he focused majorly on strength and conditioning workouts followed by grip, cardio, footwork, and body movement. Also, he would do judo every three times a week.
- 2004 European Judo Championships in Bucharest, Romania (gold)
- 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece (gold)
- 2005 World Judo Championships held in Cairo, Egypt (silver)
- 2005 Mediterranean Games in Almeria, Spain (gold)
- 2007 World Judo Championships held in Rio De Janeiro (silver)
- 2009 Mediterranean Games in Pescara, Italy (gold)
- 2010 World Judo Championships held in Tokyo, Japan (gold)
- 2010 European Judo Championships in Vienna, Austria (bronze)
- 2011 European Judo Championships in Istanbul, Turkey (gold)
- 2011 World Judo Championships in Paris, France (gold)
- 2012 Olympic Games in London, England (bronze)
- 2013 World Judo Championships in Rio De Janeiro (bronze)
- 2014 World Judo Championships in Chelyabinsk, Russia (gold)
- 2014 Greek Male Athlete of the Year
- 2015 European Games in Baku, Azerbaijan (bronze)
General Facts on Ilias Iliadis
- Ilias Iliadis’ north name is actually Jarji Zviadauri, and initially, he was introduced to boxing. However, he was more pressed with judo and shifted towards it at the age of ten.
- Ilias family was friends with Nikos Iliadis, and hence, Nikos took Ilias to Greece for judo. That was when they changed his name to Ilias Iliadis.
- Ilias is married to Lia Grigoriadi, who he met in Greece. He initially asked her out after his win in the Olympic games. Today, the duo has two kids; a son and a daughter.
“I’m born in Georgia, and you should never forget where you come from; that’s very important! I moved as a teenager and later on met the love of my life, my wife, in Greece. My daughter is born in Greece. My son is born in Greece. I won my Olympic gold medal in Greece. How do you think I feel? I am Ilias Iliadis. The Greek people don’t care where I’m born or who I was before. My blood is Georgian, but my mind is Greek.” -Ilias Iliadis.
You might be interested to learn more about his daily life, do be sure to check out his social media sites. He is on Instagram as Ilias Iliadis (@iliasiliadis) with 178k followers.
Likewise, he is on Twitter as Ilias Iliad (@ilias_iliadis) with 5.1k followers.
- “I was like a little animal, was hungry, hungry for victories, and I told myself that today was my day. I was very young and had a lot of energy and a lot of power and was ready.”
Ilias Iliadis | FAQs
What is Ilias Iliadis currently involved in?
At present, Ilias Iliadis is busy with the Tokyo Olympics. He is the coach for the judokas from Uzbekistan.