Micah Hamilton is not related to F1 racer Lewis Hamilton. The two are one of many cases of people sharing a common last name.
The seven-time F1 Champion, Lewis Hamilton, has only one brother, and his name is Nicolas Hamilton. Many media outlets have covered the two brothers and their stories since the early 2010s.
Manchester City’s newest talent, Micah Hamilton, was born and raised in Manchester and has been with the academy since 2013. He began training with Pep Guardiola’s side at age 17 and made his Champions League debut last night.
The road to his senior appearance hasn’t been straightforward ever since he picked up an ankle injury in 2021. Nevertheless, Micah is now here and is ready to claim a spot in the Pep Guardiola’s City side.
Is Micah Hamilton Related To Lewis Hamilton?
The City striker Micah Hamilton has no relation with the F1 legend Lewis Hamilton. A Manchester City Academy product, Micah has entered the limelight after scoring for City against Red Star Belgrade.
The youngster hasn’t appeared for many interviews, but after his exploits against Belgrade, that might change soon. On his Instagram handle, Hamilton has only shared pictures from training and his time playing with the academy.
He hasn’t shared much about his personal life on the public platform. The only personal pictures are from his trip to Dubai last year and a few snaps from a party.
A religious athlete, Micah’s Instagram bio has the line, 1% Chance and 99% Faith. His goal celebration also involved kneeling and praying to the lord above.
On Instagram, Micah only follows a few people with the same last name as his, and one of them includes his six-year-old cousin Jeramiah Luciano Hamilton.
Like his older cousin, Jeramiah is also interested in soccer but is a huge fan of City’s biggest rival United. The future soccer player Jeramiah congratulated his big brother after scoring against Belgrade by sharing an Instagram story.
Lewis Hamilton Siblings: Is Micah Hamilton One Of Them?
By now, we have established that the new Manchester City star, Micah Hamilton, isn’t Lewis’ sibling. In fact, the seven-time World Champion, Lewis Hamilton, has an only brother named Nicolas Hamilton.
Lewis’s brother, Nicolas, is his half-brother from his dad’s side. Lewis and Nicolas started living together at age 12. The F1 driver had just moved in to live with dad, Anthony, and step-mum Linda.
Like his half-brother, Nicolas is a racer and competes in the British Touring Car Championship. Nicolas was born with cerebral palsy and races with a specially modified car.
Nicolas Hamilton made his racing debut in 2011 for Total Control Racing and later that year appeared in the BBC documentary Racing with the Hamiltons: Nic in the Driving Seat.
He signed with the British Touring Car Championship in 2015 and secured a deal with AmD Tuning. In 2020, Nicolas became part of the Volkswagen CC as the fourth Team HARD driver.
Lewis also has two half-sisters, Nicola and Samantha Lockhart, from his mum’s side. The two half-sisters are the product of his mum Carmen’s second marriage.
The two sisters didn’t grow up with Lewis but are believed to have grown up in Sandy, Bedfordshire, with their mum Carmen.