Osi Umenyiora is a famous American football player from the United States of America who is most notable for his American football.
One of many former Trojans to convert into wildly popular professional players, Osi Umenyiora was a key piece of Troy teams that began the Trojans’ Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) history.
An All-American, Umenyiora first rewrote the Troy defensive record books after his senior season in 2002 and then did the same in the National Football League. What’s unbelievable is the young age at which he did it.
You can find all of the basic knowledge about Osi Umenyiora: to get the full information on age, biography, career, height, weight, family, scroll down.
Check out Osi’s Bio and get updated on your favorite celebs with us. We update our details from time to time.
|Full Name||Osi Umenyiora|
|Birth Date||Nov 16, 1981|
|Birth Place||London, England|
|Nationality||English Born Nigerian|
|Father’s Name||John Umenyiora|
|Mother’s Name||Chinelo Chukwueke|
|Siblings||Five Brothers and Sisters|
|Age||40 Years Old|
|Height||6 Feet 3 Inches|
|Profession||American Football Player, Anchor|
|Position||Defenseman/ Outside Line Backer|
|Jersey number||#72(New York Giants), #50(Atlanta Falcons)|
|Active Years||Not Active|
|Net Worth||$7 million|
|Merch||Posters, Autograph, Trading Cards, Bobblehead|
|Last Update||June, 2022|
Osi Umenyiora | Early Life, Education
Umenyiora was born to Nigerian parents in Golders Green, London. Osi is of Igbo descent, a native of Ogbunike town in Nigeria’s Anambra State Local Government Area of Oyi.
His full first name means “from today on; things will be fine” in Igbo. Umenyiora’s family migrated to Nigeria from London when he was seven years old.
Umenyiora moved to Auburn, Alabama, at 14 years of age, to live with his sister and seek a better education.
He was a sixteen-year-old senior at Auburn High School, where Umenyiora played high school football for just two years.
Umenyiora was a high school friend and teammate with fellow future NFL defensive lineman DeMarcus Ware.
Osi Umenyiora | Siblings, Age, Height, And Weight
Osi Umenyiora was born in England on 16 November 1981. Hence, he is 40 years as of 2022.
He’s a celebrated football player in the US. He graduated from Troy University High School in Auburn. Leila Lopes (m. 2015) is his fiancee.
Osi Umenyiora has five brothers and sisters: Nicole Chikwe, Okwudili Umenyiora, Ijeoma Umenyiora, Nkem Umenyiora, and Ejimofor Umenyiora. He stands at the height of 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m).
Osi Umenyiora | Football Career
Ositadimma “Osi” Umenyiora, who played in the NFL, is an English-born Nigerian sports analyst and former American Football defensive end.
Osi Played college football for Troy University and was selected in the second round of the 2003 NFL Draft done by the New York Giants.
Osi was a Pro Bowl selection twice and held the franchise record for most sacks in one game for the Giants.
Joining Marvin Allen, Scott McCready, former Giants teammates Lawrence Tynes, and Jay Ajayi, he is one of five British-born players to win a Super Bowl.
For the Troy State Trojans, Umenyiora played college football, the only school to give him an athletic scholarship. At Troy, Umenyiora was switched from nose guard to defensive end.
In 2002, in a single season (20.5) and sacks in a single game (four against Florida A&M), he set school records in tackles for loss.
Osi finished with 15 sacks in the 2002 season, the second-most in NCAA Division I. In 2014, Osi was inducted into the Troy University Sports Hall of Fame.
Career With New York Giants, Injury And Surgery
Umenyiora was drafted out of Troy University by the New York Giants in the 2nd round (56th selection overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft.
In 2005, even it was his first year as a starter, he established himself as a premier pass rusher. In 2007, by recording six sacks against the Philadelphia Eagles, he set a Giants franchise record.
It was around Super Bowl XLII, the Giants had a surprise win over the New England Patriots, partially because of their quick pass rush.
On 13 October 2008, Umenyiora joined ESPN’s Monday Night Football crew. In 2010, he was named the October NFC Defensive Player of the Month.
After suffering an injury, he underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in 2011 and was scheduled to miss the season opener on 11 September against the Washington Redskins.
Perhaps Osi reported that after the 2010 season, general manager Jerry Reese agreed to renegotiate his deal but failed to do so.
For the 2010 NFL season, he was selected to the Pro Football Writers Association’s All-Star team.
Osi Umenyiora | Career Stats
Osi Umenyiora | Quotes
- I don’t think we’re ever lacking in confidence because of what we’ve done all season. Now we need to just get back there and cause some havoc again.
- It was supposedly their home game, but we just played like it was our home game.
- Absolutely. I don’t see why not. Whoever we play, they know they’ll be in for a battle. It doesn’t matter who they are. The sooner everybody recognizes that the better off everyone will be.
- I guess we’re going to try to keep on doing what we’ve been doing. They said it about Deuce last week, but we did a pretty good job on him. Hopefully, we can do it again.
- It’s all on us. We have to win. Whatever it takes.
- Pittsburgh’s going to win, and I think it’s going to be pretty bad. I think Pittsburgh might win by 10 or 14 points. Seattle’s a good football team, but I just don’t think they’ll be able to match up.
Osi Umenyiora | Media and TV Career
After finally retiring in 2015, he joined BBC Sport as a pundit focusing on the London and Super Bowl NFL International Series matches for their NFL coverage.
He partnered with Mark Chapman, Jason Bell, Nat Coombs, and Mike Carlson, host of Match of the Day 2, and their coverage has received rave reviews from NFL fans in the UK.
He also works on the weekly highlights of the BBC’s NFL (The NFL Show / NFL This Week) every week of the season.
Being one of the best, his pundit work in 2017 and 2019 was honored with two Royal Television Society Excellence Awards for Best Sports Analyst, Commentator, or Pundit (he was also on the three-person shortlist in 2018) and the British Sports Pundit of the Year 2018 Sports Journalists Association.
Also, check out: <<James Brown Bio: NFL, Height, Net Worth, Weight Loss >>
On 27 March 2013, Umenyiora signed a two-year contract worth $8.55 million with the Atlanta Falcons.
He finally retired from professional football as a New York Giant on 26 August 2015, having signed a one-day contract.
Osi Umenyiora | Movies and TV
|The NFL Show||2016-2017||TV Series||As Himself|
|Breakfast||2017||TV Series||As Himself – Guest|
|Mike & Mike||2010-2012||TV Series||He Was seen as|
Himself – Guest / Himself – New York Giants Defensive End / Himself – Telephone Interviewee
|Late Night with Jimmy Fallon||2012||TV Series||As Himself – Guest|
|Rome Is Burning||2011||TV Series||As Himself – Guest / New York Giants Defensive End|
|VH1 Pepsi Smash Super Bowl Bash||2009||TV Special||As Himself|
|NFL Monday Night Football||2007-2009||TV Series||As Himself – New York Giants Defensive End|
|NBC Sunday Night Football||2007-2009||TV Series||Himself – New York Giants Defensive End|
|World’s Dumbest||2009||TV Series||As Himself|
|NFL Films Presents||2006||TV Series documentary||As Himself|
|Quite Frankly, with Stephen A. Smith||2006||TV Series||Himself|
|ESPN’s Sunday Night Football||2005||TV Series||As Himself – New York Giants Defensive End|
|The NFL on CBS||2005||TV Series||As Himself – New York Giants Defensive End|
|NFL on FOX||2004-2005||TV Series||As Himself – New York Giants Defensive End|
Osi Umenyiora | Relationship & Marriage
Umenyiora was formerly based in Cleveland, New Jersey, Georgia, and Edgewater. He made a cameo appearance in The-Dream’s music video “I Luv Your Girl” in 2008.
Surprisingly Osi was engaged to Miss Universe 2011, Leila Lopes, in February 2013. They married in Luanda, Angola, the bride’s home country, on 29 May 2015, and he speaks some Portuguese.
They revealed in February 2018 that Lopes was pregnant with their first child.
Wife: Leila Lopes
Leila Luliana da Costa Vieira The Angolan actress, TV host, model, and beauty queen Lopes Umenyiora won Miss Angola UK 2010, Miss Angola 2010, and Miss Universe 2011.
She was engaged to former New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora in Monaco in February 2013. On 30 May 2015, they got married.
They revealed in February 2018 that Lopes was pregnant with their first child. Their son was born later that year.
Don’t forget to check out: <<Shannon Sharpe Bio: Age, College, NFL, Controversies, Instagram Wiki >>
Early Life Of Leila
Lopes was born in Benguela, Benguela Province, Angola, on 26 February 1986. She studied business administration at University Campus Suffolk in Ipswich, England, before becoming a contestant in beauty pageants.
Lopes is actively interested in raising awareness of HIV / AIDS and the prejudice faced by people with the illness.
Facts On Leila
- On 18 December 2010, Lopes beat 20 more candidates to be named Miss Angola in Luanda, earning her the opportunity to represent Angola in Miss Universe 2011.
- During the competition, she also won the Photogenic Trophy.
- Lopes has been crowned Miss Universe in São Paulo, Brazil, on 12 September 2011 and was awarded the title by former Miss Universe Ximena Navarrete of Mexico.
- She is the 60th titleholder of Miss Universe at the moment and is the first Angolan woman to hold the role.
- Since the start of the global pageant, Lopes is the seventh woman of African descent to win the crown.
- Lopes paid a visit to Indonesia in October 2011, where she attended local charity activities at the Jakarta Convention Center, Jakarta, and Puteri Indonesia 2011 Pageant.
- Lopes visited Johannesburg, South Africa, in February 2012.
- On arrival, Miss South Africa 2011 greeted Melinda Bam at a glittering red carpet event in Sun City.
- In support of Joburg Fashion Week 2012, scheduled to take place the following month, Lopes also attended a launch event for African Fashion International on 16 February during her visit.
- She also visited one of the charities funded by Melinda Bam-Thuthuzela, an NGO in Alexandra Township that looks after abandoned and orphaned children.
- On 17 February, at North-West University, Mafikeng Campus, Lopes also attended the State of the Province Address by the Honourable Thandi Modise, Premier of the North-West.
Osi Umenyiora | Net Worth & Salary
The approximate Net Worth, Wages, Profits, Vehicles, Lifestyles & many more details of Osi Umenyiora have been listed below. Let’s see, how rich is Osi Umenyiora as of 2022?
Osi Umenyiora has an approximate net worth of $7 million at the age of 38 in 2022, according to Forbes, Wikipedia, IMDB, and other reliable online outlets.
As an American football player from England, he earned much of his money from his thriving career. He likely makes money from other sources that have not been found.
Social Media Presence:
Osi Umenyiora is a well-known name in the football world. He most certainly is connected to his fans. He is most active on Twitter, and we can find a lot of videos on YouTube.
The link to his Twitter is http://www.twitter.com/osiumenyiora, where we can find Osi related posts with his Hashtag on Instagram as well. Even though Osi is not on Instagram, we found Leila.