Michael Jordan, also known as Air Jordan, has won millions of basketball lovers’ hearts with his mind-boggling basketball skill. His love for the game from his college time brought him to NBA Championships at twenty-one. Though he was not chosen on the best NBA teams, this skillful player gave it all as a member of “Chicago Bulls” and was proved to be the team’s valuable asset.
You are Michael Jordan’s biggest fan and own gears that resemble him.
Owning the Michael Jordan College Jersey displays your passion and respect for the best player of all time. Your dedication to basketball has no boundary, and your love for Michael Jordan has never faded, even though he has taken retirement from his basketball career.
Showcasing Michael Jordan College Jersey in your collection definitely proves your fandom. However, having an autographed college jersey of Michael Jordan has a different fandom level. Hanging it on the wall just does not show that you are the biggest fan of Michael Jordan, but it’s more like respecting his basketball career.
Michael Jordan Autographed College Jersey
This jersey has been personally hand-signed by Michael Jordan and is officially licensed by the National Basketball Association. It comes with an individual number, tamper-evident hologram, and a certificate of authenticity from Upper Deck.
If you are looking for something to add in your memorial collection of Michael Jordan, then nothing can be better than displaying his autographed college jersey. Fans have a different way of portraying their fandom. Some fans buy every product of a team or favorite players, some throw party to celebrate fandom or victory and others never miss to watch the game from the stadium.
There are many ways to show your support to your favorite team and player. But the best of all the ways is by owning something autographed by your favorite player.
To possess an autographed college jersey of Michael Jordan can be a way of honoring him and presenting yourself as a die-hard fan. Many fans will have Michael Jordan college jersey in their collection. But you can among those few hardcore fans who own the autographed jersey.
The early life of Michael Jordan
- Michael Jeffrey Jordan was born in Brooklyn, New York, on February 17, 1963, and was the fourth child to James and Deloris.
- In his young age, he developed his interest in the sport. However, he was more into playing sports like basketball, baseball, and football. Following his passion, he tried to join the sophomore basketball team but was rejected.
- Instead, he joined the school’s junior basketball team. Impressing everyone with the basketball skills, he was chosen for “McDonald’s All-American Team.” He played for many college teams as a senior in high school.
- While playing from McDonald’s, he scored 30 points after averaging 27 points 12 rebounds and 6 assists per game for the season.
- In 1981 he got a scholarship from University of North Carolina on the base of his basketball skills. And he graduated in cultural geography.
- At University, he was titled “freshman of the Year” by the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Professional basketball Career
- In 1984, he dropped University with the intention to join “NBA Draft”. And he got selected by the team Chicago Bulls”.
- In the same year, his team won a gold medal at the Summer Olympics. The team includes players like Sam Perkins, Steve Alford, and Patrick Ewing.
- He rejoined University and graduated from the “University of North Carolina” two years later.
- During 1984-87, as a player of Chicago Bulls, Jordan proved his mettle with an above-average ppg of 28.2.
- He gained massive popularity. Jordan scored 100 blocks and 200 steals in a single season. And he succeeds in becoming the first to do so in the history of the NBA.
- From 1987-90, Jordan led Chicago Bulls and defeated team like Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks and Philadelphia 76ers. However, Detroit Pistons beats Bulls out of the game.
- But in 1990-91 season, Bulls emerged victoriously defeating Detroit Pistons. In NBA finals they beat Los Angeles Lakers, winning their first victory in the history of the game.
- He was a member of a dream team, a gold medal-winning group in the summer Olympics of 1992.
- In 1993, Jordan was seen gambling in Atlantic City. He announced to retire, stating his father’s murder as a reason.
- In 1994, he signed a contract with the baseball team, “Chicago White Sox.” He also played for a team like “Birmingham Barons” and “Scottsdale Scorpions.”
- However, he gave up baseball and returned to basketball, playing for the Bulls in 1995.
- During 1995-98, he played three seasons of NBA Championship, beating “Seattle SuperSonics and Utah Jazz.
- In 1999, he became the President of the basketball operation for the team “Washington Wizards.”
- In 2001, he played basketball for the Washington Wizards. And Jordan declared that he would contribute his salary to the victims of 9/11 arracks.
- However, he could not continue his game because of his knee injury.
- In 2003, he played his final match with the Philadelphia 76ers and beats Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s record of scoring the most number of points.
- Received a three-minute standing ovation from his teammates, his opponents, officials, and the crowd.
Media Figure and Status
- A spokesman for the brand like Nike, Coca-Cola, Chevrolet, Gatorade, McDonald’s, Ball Park Franks, Rayovac, Wheaties, Hanes, and MCI.
- In 1984, Nike made a shoe for Jordan called the Air Jordan.
- Jordan played in the comedy film “Space Jam” in 1996 and was a box office success, making $230 million worldwide.
- At the NBA final, he was titled six times the “Most Valuable Player” (MVP).
- In 2010, Forbes ranked Jordan as the20th most powerful celebrity in the world with $55 million.
- Forbes article states that Jordan Brand generates $1 billion in sales of Nike.
- He was also associated with the Looney Tunes cartoon characters.
- In 2014, Jordan increased his stake in the Charlotte Hornets and became the first billionaire NBA player.
- Jordan was honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s Businessperson of the year for 2014 to Jan 20, 2015.
- He hosted an annual golf tournament from 2001 to 2014.
- And in 2016, Michael Jordan received the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- He became the owner of the Miami Marlins of Major League Baseball in 2017.
- Jordan has authored several books such as Rare Air, I can’t accept not trying, For the love of the game, Driven From within. And these books are based on his life, baseball career, and world view.