When we are at the boxing octagon, Mike Tyson is the name that still roams around even after he has retired from the ring. Throughout his journey, Tyson has garnered a $10 million net worth.
Tyson has fought 58 games during his two-decades-long journey; among them, he has collected 50 wins.
Despite his controversial behaviors in and out of the ring, Tyson is a ferocious fighter.
Not to mention, he is considered one of the best heavyweight boxers of all time.
In the meantime, Tyson is the youngest boxer to win a heavyweight title and holds all WBA, WBC, and IBF titles.
|Full Name||Michael Gerard Tyson|
|Date of Birth||June 30, 1966|
|Birth Place||New York City, U.S.|
|Nick Name||Iron Mike, Kid Dynamite, The Baddest Man on the Planet|
|Ethnicity||Mixed (African, American, and Jamaican)|
|Age||56 years old|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches (1.78 meters)|
|Weight||218 pounds (99 kg)|
|Hair Color / Style||Bald|
|Father’s Name||Jimmy Kirkpatrick|
|Mother’s Name||Lorna Smith Tyson|
|Siblings||An older brother, Rodney Tyson |
An older sister, Denise Tyson
A younger brother, Jimmie Lee Kirkpatrick
|Education||Tryon School for Boys in Johnstown|
|Wife||Robin Givens (m. 1988 and divorced in 1989)|
Monica Turner (m. 1997 and divorced in 2003)
Lakiha Spicer (m. 2009)
|Kids||Four daughters; Exodus Tyson (dead), Rayna Tyson, Mikey Lorna Tyson, and Milan Tyson|
Three sons; Miguel Leon Tyson, Amir Tyson, and Morocco Tyson
|Profession||A former boxer, public speaker, drug dealer|
|Reach||71 inches ( 180 cm)|
|Career Record||50 wins, six losses, and two no contests|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter|
|Merch||Figurines, Posters, Signed Gloves|
|Last Update||November, 2022|
How much does Mike Tyson’s pocket hold?
Indeed, as one of the most earned boxers in his career, his net worth seems quite low compared to his earnings.
His fighting earned him $685 million (£475 million) throughout his career, and he often rose and fell in his wages.
He has a great choice in his life and often loses his money in an abyss.
Even glancing at his private space, Tyson has married three times and had children; therefore, his spending also goes for that section.
In 2003, Tyson filed for bankruptcy with around $23 million (£17 million). One of his biggest earnings was against Roy Jones Jr., who earned him $10 million (£7.5 million).
Likewise, Tyson used to own three white Bengal tigers, which stand as a considerable part of his spending.
Moving on to his career earnings, Mike Tyson was already at his peak within three years of his professional journey.
When Tyson became the youngest heavyweight champion, he earned $1.5 million over Trevor Berbick.
The upcoming fight with Larry Holmes earned him $5 million, while he made $10 million after defeating Tony Tubbs.
Similarly, Tyson gained $20 million after defeating the undefeated Michael Spinks and $7 million after winning the bout against Frank Bruno the following year.
He collected $6 million after fighting Buster Douglas and $25 million against Peter McNeeley.
By the end of his career, he garnered $62 million in cheques as earnings from his fight.
Net Worth of Mike Tyson in Different Currencies
Also, look into Mike Tyson’s net worth in different currencies, including bitcoin.
Mike Tyson | Brand Endorsements
During his early twenties, Mike Tyson had established himself as one of the most fierce fighters.
Indeed, his career was at its peak, and he gained numerous endorsements and sponsorship deals.
She gained several high-end endorsements from companies like Pepsi, Toyota, Nintendo, Kodak, Suntory Beer, and more.
However, losing most of his endorsement deals didn’t take him long enough.
As a well-known fact, brand endorsements depend on a celebrity’s public image, and any hamper to the image constitutes damage in deals.
On a similar note, Tyson lost his major contracts back then due to his abuse of his wife, numerous car accidents, and prison time for rape.
No doubt that his public image was negative and went down the drain. In addition, he lost all his significant contracts except keeping his $750,000 deal with Nintendo.
Mike Tyson’s sponsorship deals include Black Energy Drink, Copper Gel, and Smart Cups, among others.
Mike Tyson | Movies, Shows, and Music
Popular with his works, Mike Tyson has been featured in several movie projects and cameo appearances.
He can be seen in numerous projects in his movies, parodies, cameo, music videos, and others.
- 1990 Japanese commercial for Toyota trucks.
- 1996 music video of rapper Tupac named Shakur.
- Parody for hip opera alongside Jimmy Kimmel parody episode “The Pizza” for the music video of singer R. Kelly called Trapped in the Closet.
- 2007 promotional video for his film Fool and Final in India.
- 2011 cameo appearance in the T.V. series Breaking In.
- Participation with his wife in Argentina’s version of Dancing with the Stars, Bailando 2011.
- 2011 episode of the Same Name by CBS.
- 2013 N.B.C.’s legal drama, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as a murderous inmate.
- Episode 8; “Bad Crazy” of the T.V. series, How I Met Your Mother.
- Footlocker Commercial, where he apologized for his action against Evander Hollyfield.
Tyson’s Movies and Series
- Fallen Champ: The Untold Story of Mike
- Tyson (1993, 2008) (Documentary)
- Black and White (1999) as Himself
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2013)
- Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth (2013)
- Mike Tyson Mysteries (2014–2020) (Animated comedy on Adult Swim)
- Nine Legends (2016)
- To Tell the Truth (2016)
- Franklin & Bash (2016)
- Tyson vs. Jaws: Rumble on the Reef (2020) (Shark Week 2020 special)
- In Rocky Balboa (2006), Tyson appears as himself
- Scary Movie 4 (2006) as a muscular female boxer
- The Hangover (2009) is a caricature of himself in a supporting role.
- The Hangover Part II (2011) as his fictional character
- Scary Movie 5 (2013) as himself
- Grudge Match (2013) as himself
- Gates of the Sun (2014), as himself.
- Ip Man 3 (2015) as Frank, a villain role.
- China Salesman (2017), as Kabbah
- Kickboxer: Retaliation (2018) as Briggs
- Girls 2 (2018), as Dragon
- Hamlet Pharaon (2019), as Rick
- Hip-hop legend Wyclef Jean produced second Round K.O.
- “Myke Ptyson” (2008), A song by the Portland, Oregon-based band Starfucker.
- 1989 Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince music video, “I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson.”
- “Iconic” on Madonna’s 2015 album Rebel Heart.
- The Killers’ song “Tyson Vs. Douglas”.
- Eminem’s song “Godzilla” (Eminem song)
- Soulja Boy’s Diss song “If You Show Up” by Mike Tyson
- 1987, Nintendo game Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!!, on the NES.
- 2000 Mike Tyson Boxing for PlayStation by Codemasters.
- 2002 Game Boy Advance by Virtucraft and Ubisoft.
- 2007 I want to Be the Guy
- 2009 Electronic Arts’ Fight Night Round 4
- 2011 iPhone app Mike Tyson: Main Event at the SXSW Screenburn Arcade.
Parodies inspired by Mike Tyson
- The Simpson’s character Drederick Tatum, voiced by Hank Azaria, is based entirely on Tyson.
- The Great White Hype includes Tyson’s character, played by Damon Wayans and Samuel L. Jackson.
- ESPN.com Page 2 column is named “The Tyson Zone,” created by columnist Bill Simmons.
- Mike Tyson is the source of inspiration for the Street Fighter character Mike Bison.
Cannabis Farm (Tyson Ranch)
Mike Tyson has been a drug dealer since 2016 and is reported to earn £500,000 monthly through his 418 acres of weed-themed resort.
To illustrate, his business offers premium marijuana strains, edibles, and extracts to dealers.
Apart from it, he also provides training for marijuana farmers at Tyson University on-site.
According to Tyson, weed has made him much calmer, which led him to partner up with businessman Rob Hickman. Go and watch the video at the given link.
Besides his huge earnings from the farm, Tyson stated that he smokes £40,000 of his own supply monthly.
Also, he describes his farm as the ‘wonderland of weed,’ which is to be the holiday destination for smokers.
Mike Tyson | Lifestyle
Mike Tyson has been living his life by his means and rules. Indeed, he is no stranger to controversies and yet leads a lavish life with huge spending.
Tyson began a vegan diet for four years; however, he again switched to none vegan side. At the same time, he would often preach about Muslims and state how devoted he was to Allah.
However, in 2013, he again said, “the more I look at churches and mosques, the more I see the devil.”
Furthermore, Tyson expressed sadness about his life back in 2005.
“My whole life has been a waste – I’ve been a failure. I just want to escape. I’m embarrassed with myself and my life.” -Mike Tyson.
Mike Tyson followed rigorous training back as a boxer, though. It is not as hard as it used to be. According to the sources, Mike starts his day early, at 4 am.
He goes for a 4-6 mile run which later includes 400 pushups and 400 squats. Later, he would indulge himself in sit-ups, dips, pushups, shrugs, and neck bridges in the noon.
In the afternoon, he focused on his bike run and sets of calisthenics. Altogether, he ended his day with fight videos. Apart from all the weekdays, Sunday is marked as his rest day.
As per the reports, Mike Tyson consumes 4,000 calories per day. He starts his day with oatmeal, milk, and vitamin supplements.
Moreover, his lunch includes chicken breast, rice, and orange juice. Then, his dinner includes steak, pasta, and orange juice.
Apart from it, his snacks consist of a protein shake blended with six bananas. Of course, he has his heat meal, too, which includes ice cream and Cap’n Crunch cereal.
Insane Spending and Expenses
Mike Tyson is no stranger to excessive spending. When it comes to expenses, he spends as highly as he earns.
Besides his aggressive spending, he has lost money from his divorces and served three years in prison after being convicted of rape in 1992.
All his expenses compiled him to file for bankruptcy back in 2003.
Some of his excessive buys include the following.
- In his career days, Mike Tyson bought three white Bengal tigers for $60,000 each. Their maintenance and water cost him $70,000, while the animal trainer cost him $125,000.
- Mike had gifted a $2.2 million golden bathtub to his ex-wife.
- During his 30th birthday, Mike threw a grand Party that cost him $410,000.
- One of his aggressive spendings was for pigeons which cost him $400,000.
- Tyson once spent around $3.4 million on his jewelry.
Mike Tyson spent most of his early years in a New York apartment in Brooklyn in Brownsville. It was those early days that raised his interest in pigeons.
Later, Tyson bought an Ohio Mansion, which included five bedrooms, a full-size pool, and Jacuzzi.
It also had tiger cages, a basketball court, and an entire pad decked with crystal chandeliers.
However, he had to sell his lavish home in 1999 for £855,000; today, it features a church.
The pool has been converted into a sanctuary, the living room as the gathering hall, tiger cages into a pavilion, and the fireplace into a waterfall.
Tyson’s Connecticut property stood at 5,000 square feet of land, boasting 21 bedrooms, an indoor pool, an indoor basketball court, a hot tub, a green-screen room, and a recording studio.
To elaborate, this mansion featured a lion statue at the entrance. However, he had to sell this House in 2003 for $3.3 million after he declared bankruptcy.
Nike Tyson bought this Maryland House with his ex-wife Monica Turner in 1995, which featured seven bedrooms, a large gym, a game room, a swimming pool, a sports court, and a piano room.
To elaborate, this House overlooks the Congressional Country Club golf course. Later, Turner took this House on divorce, which was out for sale at £7 million.
Las Vegas House
Tyson bought his Las Vegas pad for £1.5 million, including six bedrooms, six-and-a-half bathrooms, and a private balcony. This House lies in Seven Hills in the suburb of Henderson.
This Italian-style mansion covers an area of 5,740 square feet with a 25-foot-high-lit waterfall. However, he sold this House later in 2013.
Tyson revealed that he loved living in Las Vegas and bought a House for £2.5 million in Henderson, Nevada.
This House covers an area of 8,149 square-foot and is built in Mediterranean style.
It has six bedrooms, six bathrooms, a park, a private balcony, a fireplace, and a pool.
Mike Tyson features a fantastic car collection from classics to modern and the most expensive.
One of the earliest cars of his career is the 1985 ultra-stylish Cadillac Eldorado. Back then, he bought it for $30,000.
Tyson repurchased this Rolls Royce Silver Spur in the 1980s, which flexed or walnut finishes, high-grade leather seats, and digital displays.
Likewise, he added Rolls Royce to the list with Rolls Royce Corniche after winning the IBF belt.
Back in 1989, Tyson bought a $48,000 Mercedes Benz SL-Class 560SL. Just a year later, he purchased a 1990 Mercedes Benz 500 SL.
After bagging the victory over Frank Bruno, Mike Tyson bought a Ferrari F50 with 512 hp and a 202mph top speed. Among his collection, one of his exotic cars is Ferrari 456 GT Spyder.
This car offers 186mph, which is also cherished by the Sultan of Brunei’s expensive taste.
In 1996, Tyson bought a Super Diablo Twin Turbo Lambo for $500,000. This car features a V12 engine with 222mph and 750 hp.
When he lost his fight against Evander Holyfield, Tyson bought a Jaguar XJ220 with a powerful V12 engine.
Back in the day, Mike Tyson splurged into five cars on the same day, and all of his choices were Bentley Continental SC. His total worth of them crossed over $1.5 million.
Another car on the list was the 1997 Bentley Continental T that cost him $500,000. This car was the only one of 73 models.
Help and Charity
To date, Mike Tyson has stood for various causes. Alongside his massive earnings, he also gives back wholeheartedly.
Many times, he has donated his fight earnings totally for several reasons. He mainly helps with cases of health issues, disadvantaged youths, education, and sports.
Laurie’s Sport for Good Foundation and Marty Hennessy’s Inspiring Children Foundation are among many other foundations he has supported.
In addition, Mike Tyson has launched his foundation, Mike Tyson Cares. It is a nonprofit organization aiming to help people lying in the lower-income zone, homeless, or fighting injustice.
To elaborate, it promotes various charitable events and fundraising programs.
“I am a product of poverty, so I identify with the struggles that plague communities that feel hopeless and despair. I want my foundation to support community-based programs and turn hopelessness into hope.” -Mike Tyson.
Brief Glance on Mike Tyson
Without a doubt, Mike Tyson is one of the most decorated boxers on the field. Having said this, he is also one of the most controversial boxers.
As much as he has collected and worked on his career and life, he has also engaged with bitter controversies throughout his journey.
Some of his achievements and awards to date are highlighted below.
- Ring magazine Prospect of the Year (1985)
- 2× Ring magazine Fighter of the Year (1986, 1988)
- 2× Sugar Ray Robinson Award winner (1987, 1989)
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year Overseas Personality (1989)
- International Boxing Hall of Fame inductee (Class of 2011)
- “Guirlande d’Honneur” by the FICTS (Milan, 2010)
- WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2012)
You might be interested in reading: <<<Alexander Volkov Bio: Career, Family, Net Worth, and Stats>>>
Social Media Presence:
Check out his social media sites if you are interested in his posts and uploads. He is on Instagram as Mike Tyson (@miketyson) with 14.7 million followers.
Likewise, he is on Twitter as Mike Tyson (@MikeTyson) with 5.6 million followers.
Did Mike Tyson have a tiger?
Mike Tyson used to have a pet tiger named Kenya but not anymore.
Did Muhammad Ali ever fight Mike Tyson?
Who is the most dangerous boxer in the world?
Hands down, Mike Tyson, is the most dangerous boxer in the world.
What kind of haircut does Mike Tyson have now?
As of now, Mike Tyson has shaved his hair off and gone bald.
What happened to Mike Tyson’s gold tooth?
Mike Tyson lost their teeth after being head-butted by his pet tiger, Kenya.
Will Jake Paul fight with Mike Tyson?
According to reports, Jake Paul has admitted that he would fight Mike Tyson. However, he has not held talks with the heavyweight legend.
What is Mike Tyson’s fight record?
Mike Tyson has a professional record of 50 wins and 6 losses. Could you have a look at his record summary?
|58 fights||50 wins||6 losses|